Re: LYNX-DEV problem moving files across directories using `../'

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem moving files across directories using `../'
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:56:57 +0900 (JST)

> But if you want to experiment for yourself (and then tell us whether
> it breaks anything else), you can locate the function which starts with
>
> PRIVATE char *filename ARGS3(

My list of hacks todo is growing.  Man, I wish I were 25 years younger
and it didn't take so d*mn long to learn anything.  But what I really
want to say is THANKS for giving me a chance.  So far my only successful
hack from my point of view is changing the time (to 0) the warning you
get from lynx after a recovery from a system error in dired.  I like
having just the unix warning; tells you more, and don't need two warnings.

> listing is displayed.  This can be confusing, and maybe entering such
> names ought to be discouraged for this reason..

Actually, I very much agree here, so if I can ever get enough time to
help with the documentation, I think expanding on the dired docs about
the blocking of the use of `../' would be a more valuable contribution
to lynx than my trying to hack out what may be there for safty's sake.

> > No big deal, but it's not strictly un*x-like.
>
> Did anybody promise that? :)

Certainly not Fote, right? :) :)

__Henry
;