Re: LYNX-DEV Need to know COUNTRY of links:

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Need to know COUNTRY of links:
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 1996 09:00:39 -0800

Just a suggestion, to see if anyone else agrees:

When browsing the net, and am at an index page (lots
of links going out of it, to VAROUS far-off places too),
I'd really like to know WHERE they are to.

I don't mean the full path name; just the COUNTRY, a TWO-
CHARACTER name.

Why?  Obvious:  For some places, I'd rather wait til
some other time, when net traffic is (vastly) lower
to that place.  Eg france, australia, ...

All it would take is two extra characters -- or maybe
4 or 5 " (fr)", " (us)", etc.   (If no country code, then
maybe "us"?)

What you could do, then, is for those that you want
to delay looking at til later, make up a new bookmark
page "night time", say, and add those (one by one) to
it.  Then in middle of night, grab that bookmark file,
and click on its items.

-----

Idea for adding MANY items to a bookmark file, QUICKLY:

 New command to "addMultiple", followed by the link-NUMBERS
  of the items to add (no commas, as usual in unix, for "args").

  AM 35 87 23

 or have AM then PROMPT for list of links to add to (current?) bookmark
    file.

;
;