RE: LYNX-DEV Problems installing Lynx on VAX...

From: Brian Tillman, x8425
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV Problems installing Lynx on VAX...
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 09:10:16 EST

Jonathan Ah Kit (address@hidden) writes:

>As I have seen Lynx working on what was apparently a VAX on a now-closed local
>freenet, is there a "general" VAX version?

Not sure what you mean, but I use Lynx on my VAX.  Lynx is V2.6 right now, but
I've been using it since V2.4.  The standard Lynx distribution is what I would
call a
"general" VAX version.  One _does_ need to link it on the system on which one
intends to run it, however.  Compile it on the system with the compiler, copy
the .OBJ and .OLB files to the other system and link it there.  That should
give
you an executable you can use on the system with no compiler.