Re: LYNX-DEV ALIGNment problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ALIGNment problem
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 15:20:18 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       I don't know what Lynxisms, Netscapisms or whateverisms you
> are imagining.

Yes, sometimes, it seems I am imagining things... :)

>                Since you've been working with the libwww,

There are parts that I have looked at and think I more or less
understand, and then there are parts where I have some vague idea
how they work or what they do, and then there is all that other stuff..
>                                                            I don't
> understand why you are still under the illusion that the handling
> of alignments in the Lynx display is inherited from that (it's
> "inherited" from my labors during the past 2-3 years 8-).

No doubt about that.  (But I haven't even tried to really understand
how alignments work, or styles, or...) I wasn't thinking about
anything HText-ish or HTML.c-ish, but about SGML.c and HTMLDTD.c and
that there doesn't seem to be a general way to handle optional close
tags at the level of SGML.c.  (It maybe there, and I have totally
missed it.)  I thought that would be required to properly "undo" the
alignment, apparently I was wrong :)

Also I noticed that </P> is treated as <P>.  I imagined that the
word Lynxism would fit here..

>       Anyway, that alignment glitch is corrected in today's mods.

Great!

    Klaus

;
;