LYNX-DEV Building 2.6 on VAX

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Building 2.6 on VAX
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 12:52:06 -0800 (PST)

I don't know whether anyone else has tried this, but there are some ifdefs
(I guess this is what spaghetti ifdefs are) that ask VAXC to include
stdio.h and ctype.h (this is in
[.lynx2-6.www.library.implementation]htutils.h ). I tried 2.5 as well,
that dies trying to include stdio.h (there's no message about ctype.h).  I
had a look at htutils.h and indeed there were ifdefs for VAXC asking it to
include files that didn't exist (I tried to find stdio.h or ctype.h,
neither were around).

Just thought I'd tell you'll.  BTW, our photo is compiled for AXP, so I
couldn't trap the actual messages (working low tech right now).  If anyone
is interested I can copy & paste those messages when I get to a machine
capable of doing that (don't know whether/how I can redirect errors on
VMS).

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
Don't you feel more like you do now than you did when you came in?

;
;