Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6 12/14 mods

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6 12/14 mods
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 02:31:03 -0500 (EST)

Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:
>Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>> >When I run Lynx 2-6 with the 12/14 mods on Solaris 2.5 it crashes. Here's
>> >what gdb says:
>>
>>      Try the zip I just put out.  I built it on Scott McGee's Solaris
>> and it's working fine now, including with your listing full of HRs.
>
>I tried it but with COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS:TRUE it crashes with a Segmentation
>fault when a document with more than one  BR is accessed. Example:
>
>http://www.jb.com.br/

        Ugh!  You sent me on wild goose chase trying to figure out what
might be wrong with the BR code for some flavors.  There's nothing wrong
with it.  The problem for that URL was the same as for the caltec URL
Larry reported, i.e., with the new META handling code, which is fixed:

12-16-96
* Don't reiterate parent links in local directory listings.  They are
  offered only in the top, up to parent link if NO_PARENT_DIR_REFERENCE
  is not defined. - FM
* Moved more HTML.c functions to LYCharUtils.c. - FM
* Tweak of META handling, which was causing crashes (due to freeing an
  anchor structure prematurely in the 12-13-96 mods for moving HTML.c
  code to LYCharUtils.c). - FM
* Block Unix relative path strings in lynxexec and lynxprog URLs. - DT

                                Fote