Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx or rxvt/curses problem

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx or rxvt/curses problem
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 11:27:48 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Scott McGee (Personal)) wrote:
>I was downloading some new server stuff this morning, and had to use Netscape
>(run from our Unix box, but displayed on my PC using Netmanage's Xoftware
>X server over a 28.8 slip connection) because the 2.6 (without updates) lynx
>I have on here doesn't handle the GET even if it said POST type redirection
>Netscape is fond of. Tonight I saw Fote's message about Lynx that he compiled
>on my system, so I went and borrowed a copy (Fote, I copied it to
>/usr/local/bin and named it lynxfm_12.16) and tried it on the same Netscape
>pages.
>
>It handled the redirection just fine, but I found that on the <SELECT> fields,
>when I selected an option, it would display almost all of the screen in
>reverse video. A ^R would reload the text correctly, but leave the borders
>RV. Anyone know what's going one? I am using it in an rxvt window with TERM
>set to vt100. Is this an rxvt/curses problem or a lynx problem.
>[...]

        I appreciate your offering me a guest account so I can check things
out on a solaris box, and still be able to zip when the OSF box where I
normally zip goes dead (that problem has been traced to bad memory, which
will be replaced soon).  But you should not treat that macrides account as
a public account, copy the image from my working code, and post bug reports
about it.  You have no idea what's in that working code, or whether it
corresponds to what is in public lynx2-6mods.zip on our http and gopher
servers here.  If you want to use the mods, do it properly and use the
ones made public via our http and gopher servers, OK?

        Looking over that solaris, which indeed has plenty of disk space,
if you break out a vanilla v2.6 in the webmaster or mcgee account, and
overlay a lynx2-6mods.zip from here (unzip -u lynx2-6mods.zip) whenever
you to want to update, it should altogether take just a few minutes.

                                Fote