Re: LYNX-DEV ERROR: in terminal

From: Francis Vidal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ERROR: in terminal
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 17:30:48 +0800

At 02:16 AM 12/17/96 -0600, Klaus Weide wrote:

>So for one username it works correctly?  Both from the Linux console?
>Then you have to find out what's differnet between those two...
>Any old files lying around that might be different?
>.lynxrc, .terminfo, ...

i checked the .lynxrc and .terminfo. only the user that has lynx working
fine on the server's terminal has the file .terminfo and i checked
/etc/terminfo -- this doesn't exist on my system! maybe this is the
culprit... the new /etc/skel structure of Slackware96 does not include
/etc/skel/.terminfo.  how do i install the /etc/terminfo directory?
what package do i need?

>(probably /etc/terminfo/l/linux or /usr/lib/terminfo/l/linux).

thanks!

...[ francis vidal ] systems administrator, @usls, univ. of st. la salle