LYNX-DEV going directly to a binary file

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV going directly to a binary file
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 16:20:02 -0500 (EST)

  From: address@hidden

        uhh....i gots a Q ...when i typed in my lynx command and tried 2
  open up a HP i said i couldnt acess da start file.....i want 2 just go
  straight 2 da JPG and den DL it 2 da comp but it wont let me y?>.

N.

Lynx won't bomb out just because the startfile is not
displayable.  That "cannot access file <blah, blah>" error
message comes up when the program fails to retrieve the STARTFILE
for any one of many reasons.

If you start Lynx and then g)o to the .jpg URL, you will probably
get better information about why it isn't working.

Al Gilman
;
;