Re: LYNX-DEV Printing from dumb terminals

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Printing from dumb terminals
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 15:16:26 -0800 (PST)

> Are you sure?  I thought that this was the whole point of the lpansi
> stuff, that works on VT102 and VT200's for example.

No, I'm not sure, and you're right, lpansi does indeed send ANSI
print sequences to the terminal.  The sysadmin will need to compile
lpansi.c in the lynx2-6/utils directory, install it somewhere where
it will be useful, and uncomment the lpansi PRINTER line in lynx.cfg.

Note that this is still a terminal specific application, if your
terminal or emulator does not support the print codes that lpansi is
sending, it won't be of much use.

When I tried it through NCSA Telnet 2.7b4 (Mac), it worked, but
there were garbage characters printed at the beginning of most lines.
(could be a local problem).

Mike
;
;