LYNX-DEV Odd behavior with lynx2.6

From: Josh Tiefenbach
Subject: LYNX-DEV Odd behavior with lynx2.6
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 18:47:14 -0500

Hi,

I grepped the lynx-dev archives at browser.org, and didnt see anything
resembling this, so I hope anyone can shed some light on this matter.

I've been having some problems viewing

http://espnet.sportszone.com

using lynx 2.6. Anytime I try viewing anything at espnet.sportszone.com, the
pages for Dec 18th pop up. I thought this may have been a web caching issue (I
run Squid on my machine), but when I tried lynx v2.5 on a completely different
machine (that doesnt use the cache), the pages came up correctly.

As a control, I tried compiling and running lynx 2.6 on the machine where 2.5
existed, from scratch. The same behavior was exhibited.

Recap:

HP-UX 9.03, lynx 2.5: no problem
Linux 2.1.10, lynx 2.5: no problem
HP-UX 9.03, lynx 2.6: gets old pages. no amount of coaxing gets new pages
FreeBSD -current, lynx 2.6: same
Linux 2.1.10, lynx 2.6: same

Any suggestions?

josh

--
Josh Tiefenbach           | "I am a yapping dog with mean little teeth.
President,                |  I am as often as wrong as you, as often as