Re: LYNX-DEV Odd behavior with lynx2.6

From: Rick Mallett
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Odd behavior with lynx2.6
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 1996 11:41:35 -0500 (EST)

Roger Hill writes:

> I tried it with 2-6 on my Linux box, and got the same 18th Dec page. I
> thought that it maybe had something to do with the user agent string, so I
> changed that to Lynx 2/5 or whatever, but it came back with the same
> stuff.

Try changing the user agent to `Mozilla/3.0 (Win16; I)' or to
`Microsoft Internet Explorer/4.40.308 (Windows 95)' and you get
the correct page. In fact, it appears that you can set the user
agent to anything other than Lynx and get the correct page. I
didn't try all possibilities but I did try `Bozzo Browser' and
`Proxy gateway CERN-HTTPD/3.0 libwww/2.17' and each time I got
the correct (today's) page. It might just be an obscure bug
but at this point it looks like a case of outright discrimination
against our favorite browser.