LYNX-DEV Date parsing in Lynx

From: Andrew Kuchling
Subject: LYNX-DEV Date parsing in Lynx
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:21:54 -0500 (EST)

Is there a subroutine lurking somewhere in the Lynx code to parse
dates in "Wdy, DD-Mon-YY HH:MM:SS GMT" format?  I've grepped through
the source a bit and come up empty-handed (and -headed, but that's
nothing new).

        Why do I care?  I'm working on cookie support for Lynx, and
right now the 'expires' attribute for old-style (Netscape) cookies is
silently ignored.  It's mostly working, though see the TODO list at
the top of src/LYCookies.c for the imperfections.

        If, against all reason, you want to try out the cookie code,
see http://www.magnet.com/~amk/lynx/ for a patch against the Nov. 28
snapshot of 2-6RP.  However, I recommend not trying it unless you're a
fairly experienced C and Lynx hacker; once the code has settled down a
bit, I'll submit it to Rob for inclusion in 2-6RP.

        Andrew Kuchling
        address@hidden
        http://www.magnet.com/~amk/
Save the Gutenberg Project! http://gutenberg.etext.org/