Re: LYNX-DEV It's now valid to resolve lone fragments as we'd like.

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV It's now valid to resolve lone fragments as we'd like.
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 19:24:34 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 26 Dec 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

:12-26-96
:* Mods of HREF resolving to be more consistent with the latest IETF draft
:  (http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/uri/draft-fielding-url-syntax-02.txt).
:  Most importantly, lone fragments (HREF="#fragment") are resolved versus
:  the current document's URL, and no longer versus the BASE, if present.
:  There are a few things in the draft which are at odds with what virtually
:  all currently deployed browsers do, and so I stuck with the "deployed"
:  behavior.  Try the tests in  http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/url/  to
:  see where Lynx still differs from the draft. - FM

Is this what I'd asked for, many moons ago?

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
No, try not! Do. Or do not. No try.  -- Yoda

;
;