Re: LYNX-DEV Support for ISO-8859-2 (Latin-2) over Mac-Telnet in Lynx >2

From: Hynek Med
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Support for ISO-8859-2 (Latin-2) over Mac-Telnet in Lynx >2.5?
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 01:14:48 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 28 Dec 1996 address@hidden wrote:

> Hello,
>   I wonder... is there any trick to make a Lynx 2.6 running
>   over NCSA Telnet 2.7b4 (the latest), with correctly installed
>   MacCentralEuropean (i.e. Monaco CE) font, or ISO-8859-2 font
>   like the "PCourier" (i.e. internally encoded as Latin-2) display
>   accented characters on WWW pages that are correctly served as

Do you have display (C)haracter set ISO-8859-2? If you do you should be
without problems.

If you want to use a MAC-CE font, the trick is to make your telnet to
translate ISO-8859-2 to MAC-Central-Europen, which is possible and easy to
do. If you understand some Czech, try to look at
http://www.cuni.cz/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/obo/cestina/--ASCII/pocestovani/unix/telnet/ncsaMac.html,
or ask the author (address@hidden) for a translation.

Or, there's another chance, if you use Klaus' charset patches, which are
at http://www.tezcat.com/~kweide/lynx-chartrans/, you can tell lynx that
your display is in fact a MAC-CE one, and all the documents get correctly
translated. (I hope Klaus has the Mac-CE table included.)

Anyway, better is to use the translating telnet, so you can for example
mail with pine or elm with correct ISO-8859-2 characters..

Hynek

--
Hynek Med, address@hidden

;