Re: LYNX-DEV add "append to file" to "print" page.

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV add "append to file" to "print" page.
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 13:04:33 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 27 Dec 1996, David Combs wrote:

> The "p" command brings up the "print" page, first item of
> which is "Save to local file.".
>
> Would be nice indeed (for me, anyway, accumulating things to
> email to friends) if there was an "Append to local file" too.
>
> Would be nice if such choice also generated something to
> separate the addition from what went before, maybe a FF,
> maybe something defined in lynx.cfg or .lynxrc.
>
> Does ANYONE ELSE see this as a useful feature -- if so,
> please SAY so to the list.  (thanks)
While this is a useful feature, the same thing can be achieved more
generally with the user-specified print command. I use
   cat >> filename
to append,
   cat >| filename
to clobber, and
   rot13 >| filename
to confuse. Is this a suitable solution for you? If it's not user-friendly
enough, you could wrap it in a shell script like this:
#!/bin/sh --
echo -n "File to append printout to: "
read filename
cat >> "$filename"

and make a printer entry in your lynx.cfg or .lynxrc files.

;
;