Re: LYNX-DEV December 1996 lynx-dev archive is up

From: Albert S Woodhull
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV December 1996 lynx-dev archive is up
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:27:50 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> I've put up the reduced (most headers, LYNX-DEV, long signatures
> cut out), mbox-type archive of lynx-dev for Nov 30-Dec 29, 1996.
> I think this monthly
> service is stabilized now so I won't need to advertise it again.

Actually, I would vote for a periodic announcement. I think people come
and go from mailing lists like this one (I know I do, I am interested in
a port of lynx to a particular OS and have joined and cancelled and
rejoined when I have been working on the project). Also I see a lot of
posts from newbies, who ask questions that are more about lynx-use
than lynx-dev, but there is only the one list.

In fact, if there is one complaint I have about the lynx-dev list, it is
that there is too much detail and too little summary. I think a list with a
volume like this one ought to have periodic posts of background info and
announcements like yours, or at least a periodic post of a FAQ or a
pointer to a FAQ.

Al