Re: LYNX-DEV A slight tip

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A slight tip
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 10:32:03 -0800

address@hidden writes:
> Hi!
> I have a feature that i really miss in Lynx..
> I want to see the URL of the page I'm currently watching!..I mean..
> If there is a link named "cool link" or something and i use it, thinks
> it's cool follows another link from that page and whoops! this was cool..
> gotta give the URL to my friend..but..wait!
> what the hell is the URL?? I just followed a link..in this case I hev to
> save it as a bookmark and check the bookmark file, or DL the document
> that linked to this site..

A few ways to do this...

First, go into "O"ptions, and set the (U)ser mode to Advanced.  Then, you'll
get the URL at the bottom of the screen.

Second, hit "=" when you're on the screen you want to mention.  That'll
give you the URL of that screen and the URL of the currently selected link.

Jason

--
 address@hidden                    | To err is human; to really
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems    | bugger things up requires

 print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"address@hidden");
         "Whoa! Could you repeat that in plain DOS?" -- Bob
                 PGP key available from keyservers.