Re: LYNX-DEV A slight tip

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV A slight tip
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 23:02:50 -0500 (EST)

> From: address@hidden
> Hi!
> I have a feature that i really miss in Lynx..
> I want to see the URL of the page I'm currently watching!..I mean..
> If there is a link named "cool link" or something and i use it, thinks it's
> cool follows another
> link from that page and whoops! this was cool..gotta give the URĂ– to my
> friend..but..wait!
> what the hell is the URL?? I just followed a link..in this case I hev to save
> it as a bookmark
> and check the bookmark file, or DL the document that linked to this site..
> would have been real cool if the "title bar" would look like:
> "A Cool Page -- http://tha.cool.page.com";
> greatful regards from Johan!

If you go to the options menu and set user_mode to ADVANCED, you will get
the URL of the current page at the bottom of your screen.

You can also set it by editing $HOME/.lynxrc, which contains
nice comments about the use of each option.

(I learned lynx for the first time a couple weeks ago and thought
ADVANCED was more more useful than NOVICE, even for novices.)

I don't quite understand the scenario in your mail.
If you want to look at a previously selected link, you don't need to save
and delete bookmarks.  You can use the backspace command to bring up a
history page.  This contains links to all the links
you followed.

Hope that helps.
--le address@hidden
;