Re: LYNX-DEV suggestion about currently selected link

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV suggestion about currently selected link
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 07:18:46 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Laura Eaves wrote:

Laura,

As regards your earlier question, to do with:

"This page has been accessed [INLINE] times"

When you see the form [INLINE] on a page Lynx has rendered for you, it's
generally an image (usually a gif).  In this case, what people are doing
are counting the hits on a particular image to count the number of hits on
the page itself and then display an image that is the hit-count.  So, it
is an image, which is why Lynx can't display it.  If it were a script that
puts in real numbers (i.e. ASCII), then you would see it, but few have the
ability to do this, or the urge. Take a look at http://www.digits.com/

About numbered links and coming back to where you were...

I tried this, and if I follow a link _without_ testing it, when I go back
to the page Lynx drops me at the beginning, but if I scroll down to the
link, and it is selected (i.e. rendered in reverse video, which I'm not
sure you can see/hear) then when I return, that is still the current link.

Numbering input fields in forms...

Would numbering input fields make them easier to access you think, and not
create confusion between links and input fields for visually impaired
users?

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
In an organization, each person rises to the level of his own
incompetency
                -- The Peter Principle

;
;