Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx allways incomplete downloa

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx allways incomplete download.
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 13:29:52 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Kent Robotti) wrote:
>I allways get a incomplete download from http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx
>lynx-2.6fm.zip 1-1-97, is there another way to get this version of
>lynx?

        There's a link in that cover page to our gopher server, which
is much less conjested and more likely to yield the complete zip
without a timeout on slow lines.

        We still have a lot of problems with our NEARnet relays,
though, so even the much more efficient gopher server isn't
always reliable.  We have a T1 line, so when there aren't
relay problems, it's reasonably fast, despite being > 1 MByte.

        I've been zipping it on Scott McGee's solaris, so you
can get it there today, but don't generally count on that zip
being intended for distribution, rather than intermediate
working code.

        http://www.slcc.edu/~macrides/

                        Fote