Re: LYNX-DEV debugging SAVE_SPACE

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV debugging SAVE_SPACE
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 14:01:16 -0500 (EST)

Al Gilman <address@hidden> forwarded:
>John Duckworth wrote to me, instead of to lynx-dev or lynx-learners.
>
>X-Personal_name: John Duckworth
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: Lynx question...
>
> Since I see that you are, in a sort, a lynx genius, I was wondering if
>you could help me with a simple problem I am having. I set up lynx 2.6 on
>my system and have it load a custon lynx.cfg in one of my directories. The
>SAVE_SPACE (I think that's the name of the variable) is set to download
>into my home (~/) directory. When I save files (to disk) into this
>directory they do not seem to show up. Where could they be going? Is there
>something else I need to set in the cfg file to make them save correctly?

        The configuration symbol is SAVE_SPACE, so lynx.cfg should have:

SAVE_SPACE:~/

        The environment variable is LYNX_SAVE_SPACE, e.g.:

setenv LYNX_SAVE_SPACE ~/

        The tilde will be expanded to the full path via the Home_Dir(),
function, so, e.g., a file with name foo.blah should become:

/home/user/foo.blah

        on Unix, or:

device:[user]foo.blah

        on VMS.  It's very simple code, and has worked for years, so
        it's hard to even guess what his problem might be.

                                Fote