LYNX-DEV HTMLerised options -- questions thereon

From: James M. Mastros
Subject: LYNX-DEV HTMLerised options -- questions thereon
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 17:39:34 +0000 ()

'lo all,
  I am going to try HTLMerising the 'o'ptions screen, and I have some
questions.

1)  Am I going in way to deep for a beginner?
2)  Where are non-standard (e.g. LYNX*:) URL schemes properly defined?
3)  I was thinking that I would add a LYNXOPT: scheme in the form

LYNXOPT:optname=value -- set "optname" to the value "value"

LYNXOPT: -- show the main options screen

LYNXOPT:optname -- toggle the value of "optname"

LYNXOPT:__postdata__ -- use the data in the POSTed form to set the options
(meant to be called from the page generated by "LYNXOPT") (underscores in
case a "postdata" option is defined sometime)

Does anybody see any big problems /w this.

4)  Can anybody think of any security risks (I would use the pre-existing
functions for changing the options, so I would think any security issues
would be addressed those functions)

5)  What are the valid combinations for comment processing?

Problems I see:
* The options screen cannot dynamicly update
  But I think the only place this is used is with multipul bookmarks.

 --- James Mastros
 (address@hidden, not address@hidden)

;
;