Re: LYNX-DEV Ftp settings for specific user login...

From: James M. Mastros
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Ftp settings for specific user login...
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 17:51:42 +0000 ()

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to find out if there is a way to configure lynx to accept
> a "specific ftp url".  So I can log into my favorite ftp site as a user
> and not as anonymous.
>
> Thanks, in advance
>
> Albert

The syntax for FTPing non-aynonimously is
ftp://username:address@hidden/path (EX:
ftp://BillyG:GatesProtectionFund/ftp.microsoft.com/dev/win98 )
PS: Including your password is probably a bad idea (security).  If you omit
the password, also omit the colon
PSS: READ THE HELPFILE ('H' inside Lynx)

 -- James Mastros
    (address@hidden)

;
;