LYNX-DEV Is This Lynx's Fault?

From: Louis Epstein
Subject: LYNX-DEV Is This Lynx's Fault?
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 16:49:43 +0000 ()

I've been noting that a Web page full of text files only allows those with
".txt" filename extinctions to be read by Lynx...those with other
extensions produce a
"application/octet-stream D)ownload, or C)ancel" when one tries to
follow the link.

Is this a browser problem,or a server problem?

(I am not subscribed to lynx-dev,my mailbox is too jammed already...
I hope this gets through!)

;
;