LYNX-DEV Novice Problems

From: Donald W. King
Subject: LYNX-DEV Novice Problems
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 19:48:32 -0400 (AST)

     I am a member of the support group for the local freenet.  I have
a good grasp of Unix but have little knowledge of the intricacies of the
internet.
     Our server runs on linux.
     We have just switched from lynx2-5 to lynx2-6.  After the change,
our links are in Standout rather than Bold.  What have I done wrong?
Before, only our proposed link was in Standout(Inverted) Mode which
we would desire.
     I have noticed that other servers have numbers before their links
which can be used rather than incessant use of the up and down arrow keys.
How does one configure lynx in this way.
     The final problem is with users reading local files which we would
prefer they do not see (eg. /etc/passwd).  We are in the process of
installing shadow passwords but there are other files which are a
security hazard.  Is there a way of allowing only .htm or .html files
to be read by users (other than anonymous users).
;
;