Re: LYNX-DEV Novice Problems

From: Brian Exelbierd
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Novice Problems
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 02:17:38 -0500

On Jan 5, 1997, "Donald W. King" <address@hidden> wrote:

>      I am a member of the support group for the local freenet.  I have
> a good grasp of Unix but have little knowledge of the intricacies of the
> internet.
>      Our server runs on linux.
>      We have just switched from lynx2-5 to lynx2-6.  After the change,
> our links are in Standout rather than Bold.  What have I done wrong?
> Before, only our proposed link was in Standout(Inverted) Mode which
> we would desire.

I ran into this too.  I was using ncurses v 1.9.4 and when I upgraded to the
latest ncurses v 1.9.9e (compiled like a dream) it fixed the problem.  I am
assuming it is a weird ncurses bug.  You can tell what version of ncurses you
are running by looking at /var/adm/packages/ncurses (assuming you are running
slackware and have not installed newer since then).

bex
;
;