Re: More on NSL Fork (was: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: More on NSL Fork (was: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 22:26:48 -0500 (EST)

Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > 'z'ap without having to wait for completion or time out of the
>[...]
>> It seems to be working fine here on both UnixWare and UMAXV.
>
>Am I the only one who is not getting the message (may be a real pun here :-)
>intended when the NS lookup is interrupted by pressing `Z' or `^G'?
>
>In HTTCP.c there is the section:
>                 *  abort if interrupt key pressed
>                 */
>                if (HTCheckForInterrupt()) {
>                    if (TRACE)
>                        fprintf (stderr, "*** INTERRUPTED gethostbyname.\n");
>                    kill(fpid , SIGKILL);
>                    FREE(host);
>                    return HT_INTERRUPTED;

        That's a nice section, but it doesn't issue any statusline
messages there, so it's irrelevant to your question.

>From this, I would expect to get the message, `Connection interrupted.' or
>something to that effect, but I am getting `Unable to connect to remote host.',
>which is the same message I would get if I let the lookup timeout.
>
>Or am I looking in the wrong place in HTTP.c (HTFTP.c, etc):
>  status = HTDoConnect (arg, "HTTP", HTTP_PORT, &s);
>  if (status == HT_INTERRUPTED)
>    {
>      /* Interrupt cleanly. */
>      if (TRACE)
>          fprintf (stderr,
>                   "HTTP: Interrupted on connect; recovering cleanly.\n");
>      _HTProgress ("Connection interrupted.");
>      status = HT_NOT_LOADED;
>      goto done;
>    }
>  if (status < 0)
>    {
>      if (TRACE)
>          fprintf(stderr,
>            "HTTP: Unable to connect to remote host for `%s' (errno = %d).\n",
>            url, SOCKET_ERRNO);
>      HTAlert("Unable to connect to remote host.");
>      status = HT_NOT_LOADED;
>      goto done;

        That's a more relevant section, and perhaps you need to do a
clean make to get it used.

>If it's only me, I'll plug away at a hack.  (I'd rather have _statusline
>(CANCELLING), as in LYDownload.c, anyway.)

        You don't indicate what code you're using, or the platform/flavor,
but that glitch was fixed some time ago, so you shouldn't need to hack
anything -- just build it properly.

                                Fote