LYNX-DEV Re: More on NSL Fork

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: More on NSL Fork
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 16:49:14 +0900 (JST)

>       That's a more relevant section, and perhaps you need to do a
> clean make to get it used.

Tried it a number of times from freshly expanded codes sets and also
after a `make clean'.

>       You don't indicate what code you're using, or the platform/flavor,

The particular code I quoted is lynx2-6FM [01-02-97], but as far as I know
the `problem' (at least I perceive it that way) has been there since the
original patch by Tom.

> but that glitch was fixed some time ago, so you shouldn't need to hack
> anything -- just build it properly.

I don't know what `glitch' that was, and I couldn't find one, so that is
why I turned to lynx-dev.  On the other hand, I don't see what I could
possibly do to get a proper build, that I haven't done already.

To restate the `problem': it is that I get the same _alert_ message whether
I terminate the lookup or whether a lookup is allowed to time out.  Failing
to terminate is NOT the problem, i.e., the fork is working.  The problem was
present with lynx2-6 [09-02-96] with the original patch when built with
ncurses-1.9.9e.  (Still have that image on the public access lynx here, but
over the slow telnet, that won't help much.)  I still find the problem with
lynx2-6FM [01-02-97] built with slang0.99-34.  All of this is on sunos4.1.3.

Don't know what else to say.

__Henry
;
;