LYNX-DEV numbered linx: 2 suggestions

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV numbered linx: 2 suggestions
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 00:48:11 -0500 (EST)

970101 Laura Eaves wrote
> I have keypad_mode=LINKS_ARE_NUMBERED
-- so do i: it's a boon!
> I also like being able to access links that are not on the current screeen.
-- yup: great advantage!
> 1) When I follow a link (say [26]) that isn't the current or highlighted
> link and then use left arrow to return to the original page,
> lynx does not move the current link to [26] but leaves it where it was.
> Wd it be hard to modify lynx to move the current link to the one I selected?
-- shd be easy: wd one of the code writers care to tell us?
> Does anyone else think this is a good idea?
-- yup: i've often thought so.
> 2) I'm new to the web
-- so am i, tho' a bit ahead of you: it IS important to ask these questions.
> When a page has a form on it (say to do a search)
> lynx doesn't number the entries on the form as links.
> I have to use the arrow keys in order to access them.
> Is there a reason for this?
-- someone suggested it mt be a problem for the blind: wd it?
-- otherwise, cd we get it changed? any programming problem?
-- i suspect there is some idea out there that numbering links is for novices,
   so that these small improvements have been overlooked.
-- Fote has been hard at work this week adding a lot of very impressive
   improvements to the source: if it's easy, could he do these two too?
   remembering we're all volunteers etc & he volunteers most.
;