Re: LYNX-DEV Novice Problems

From: root
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Novice Problems
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 21:46:23 -0500 (EST)

> On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Donald W. King wrote: ... in part ...
> >      I am a member of the support group for the local freenet.  I have
> > a good grasp of Unix but have little knowledge of the intricacies of the
> > internet. ... ...
> >      I have noticed that other servers have numbers before their links
> > which can be used rather than incessant use of the up and down arrow keys.
> > How does one configure lynx in this way.
>
> lynx docs are simply html docs and the tag for numbering the links is
> <ol> which means ordered link, end it with </ol>.

Sorry, but I believe what you want is 'K'eypad mode under the 'o'ptions
screen.  From lynx's main screen, hit o,k,space,enter,> to change the
option.  You can also add "DEFAULT_KEY_PAD_MODE_IS_NUMBERS_AS_ARROWS:FALSE"
to your lynx.cfg file (it's location is specified in your makefile)

 -- James Mastros / The Orb
 Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned!
;
;