Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx & Proxy Autentication

From: Tom Zerucha
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx & Proxy Autentication
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 10:19:39 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Riccardo Abba wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> I'm running a lynx2-6 version of Lynx in my company
> network. We are 'http-proxed' when exiting to outer networks
> and our proxy server require a validation username/pw pair.
> Triing to access an external URL i get the following ...
>
> Alert!: Proxy Authentication Required.  Sorry, not yet supported.
>
> Sigh..
> Do you think that higher version of Lynx will support autentication ?

This should be possible, but you need to find someone to do it.  Right now
it just sends the normal header.  I think if you can find out what kind of
authentication your proxy uses, it can be added, either internally, or as
a second proxy.  It might be something like:

Authorization: Basic xe4dklasldhahlj

but it would help to have the revelant text from your proxy server's
manual.

address@hidden
finger address@hidden for PGP key

;