Re: LYNX-DEV Time for Lynx 2.7?

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Time for Lynx 2.7?
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 20:16:35 -0500 (EST)

Rob Partington <address@hidden> wrote:
>Subir Grewal wrote:
>>
>> Obviously, if we go ahead with this we have to see how the three different
>> developmental versions we have (Fote's, Hiram's and Rob's) have to be
>> brought together.  But I guess they can sort that out.  I do think it's
>> time for another version and we should begin planning tests, collation and
>> final bug-fixes.
>
>My versions aren't really developmental versions - they're just enhancements
>to the style handling patch I did previously.  I haven't had any time at all
>to do any heavy duty Lynx work due to other commitments[1] that pay...

        Everything in Hiram's Composite is in the FM code set, so that's
not an issue at the moment, but don't forget Klaus's stuff for dealing
with > 255 character encodings.   Though it may not seem urgent at the
moment, in due time absence of such support will make Lynx "obsolete" in
more than just the "personal opinion" sense.

        If we want Rob's and Klaus' stuff in a v2.7 "official release"
reasonably soon, it would have to blow off VMS.  Alternatively, we
could start final debugging of what's presently in the FM code, release
that as v2.7, and have Rob, Klaus (and David with the cateloged message
mods he's been working on) update to that, and then continue again as we
had planned four months ago for v2.6.

                                Fote