Re: LYNX-DEV lynx

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 12:27:16 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden wrote:
>Item Subject: TEXT ITEM
>Hello
>
>We'd like to use lynx-2.6 as a free software.
>I am a secretary general of HP Computer Users'
>Association(HPCUA) which is non profit organization
>and also am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.
>Our HPCUA wants to place lynx on our HPCUA developed
>CD-ROM as a free software and place it in University of
>Aizu as HP's Freesoftware mirror site..
>We'd like to distribute CD-ROM to HPCUA's members as a cost.
>                                                  ??????????
>Our HPCUA would appreciate it if you could approve
>on placing your lynx on our CD-ROM and University
>of Aizu.

        Lynx is distributed under the GNU General Public License,
with no restrictions on re-distribution.  The GPL is included in
the Lynx distribution, and is on-line in "Lynx links":

        http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx.html

        If you are simply recovering costs of the CD-ROM, and
not selling it for profit, there is no problem with your including
Lynx on your CD-ROM.  Similarly, there is no problem with your
setting up an anonymous ftp mirror for it, though if you do so,
you should thereafter be sure to keep it updated with new versions
of Lynx.

                                Fote