Downloading woes.

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Downloading woes.
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:54:45 -0500 (EST)

>   X-Personal_name: Kevin Kuhns X-From: address@hidden

>   Hello, I would like to know how to download files from the internet to
>   my computer at home through LYNX. I have tried on several occasions
>   and I repeatedly get an error message. I'm sorry, but I have not
>   recorded the error message. I don't know what it says. I have not
>   tampered with my system's configuration since I started using Lynx. I
>   use a MacPerforma 630CD. Please respond when it is convenient. Thank
>   you.

Most downloading problems are outside Lynx's control.  Have you

- Reviewed the user instructions for the modem program you use on the Mac?
- Reviewed the downloading sections of the Lynx User's Guide (under H)elp)
  and FAQ?
- discussed this with your HelpDesk or SysOps at SNYBUF?
- experimented with downloading with your modem program and the
  sz or kermit server programs on your Lynx host?

You haven't yet given us enough information to diagnose your
problem.  As you gather that information, you are more likely to
find the solution yourself than come to a point where deep
knowledge of Lynx is needed (just playing the odds on this last).

Good Luck!

Al Gilman