LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7 process and product

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7 process and product
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:15:55 -0500 (EST)

  From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>

        I am not adverse to going into "final debugging phase" for
  what is already in the FM code set and making it a v2.7 release.
  It's been four months since the v2.6 release, and if I had not gone
  on vacation from (de facto 8-) coordinating Lynx development, would
  have released it as v2.7 by now.  Otherwise, we can just continue
  as we've been doing since the Sept. 2, 1996 v2.6 release.

1. Reclaimers:  There are some things that aren't in the -FM code
right now that deserve a second look from the group for inclusion
in a 2.7 release.  What's on my mind is some of the Makefile reforms
from Larry and replacing speech-disabled Help pages with Gregory's
speech-adaptive rewrites.  Anyone else have nominations?

2. How many host varieties can we get in on an alpha test exercise?
Who would like to be part of an alpha-test team?

Al Gilman
;
;