Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and Tables, embedded and otherwise

From: Andrew Kuchling
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and Tables, embedded and otherwise
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:36:30 -0500 (EST)

David Combs wrote:
>    Unfortunately, My Yahoo!! currently requires a web browser which
>    supports--among other things--``[1]cookies'' and tables. Some browsers

        I tried using my experimental cookie patch to access it, and
my.yahoo.com also seems to require other things, as well.  First, it
explicitly denies access to browsers that aren't on its list, so I had
to change the User-Agent string.  Once that's done, it returns the
initial login page (which looks horrible, but oh well).  If you then
fill in a login name and password, it doesn't attempt to set a cookie,
but redirects the POST content and then presents the same login page
again.  So, my.yahoo.com seems to have some other browser dependencies
lurking inside it.

        Andrew Kuchling
        address@hidden
        http://www.magnet.com/~amk/