LYNX-DEV IBM PTF U444171 on AIX 3.2 'breaks' lynx.

From: Ellen Rosenblatt
Subject: LYNX-DEV IBM PTF U444171 on AIX 3.2 'breaks' lynx.
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 16:05:25 -0800

Dear lynx support team:

We run lynx on an IBM RS6000 machine running AIX 3.2.5.  After we applied
IBM PTF U444171 and subsequently re-booted (since this PTF hit the
kernel), lynx stopped functioning.  The message it gives is:

Alert!:  Unable to connect to remote host.

lynx: Can't access start file http:/www.upenn.edu/

Can you shed any light on this.  I have called IBM and they don't think
this is their problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Ellen Rosenblatt
address@hidden
(215) 898-6511