LYNX-DEV Cookie patch: second cut

From: Andrew Kuchling
Subject: LYNX-DEV Cookie patch: second cut
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 18:32:24 -0500 (EST)

The second version of my cookie patch is now available from
<http://www.magnet.com/~amk/lynx/>, against the January 13 snapshot of
Lynx 2-6FM; the brave may wish to try it out.  This revision stores
cookies in a list-of-lists structure instead of one big linked list,
and the cookie jar is slightly more functional.  Hitting Control-K now
gets you a screen that contains entries like:

     * Domain = www.suck.com
          + s_uniqid=ywNF7NoCa4rCpZWUYD
            Port: 80 Secure: NO Path=/
            (No explanatory comment)
          + p_uniqid=ywNF7NoCa4rCpZWUYD
            Port: 80 Secure: NO Path=/
            (No explanatory comment)

        Unfortunately, you can't yet delete a given cookie; that'll be
in the third version.

        And a request for assistance: Currently I only know of 4
servers which hand out cookies: www.greetingcard.com, www.suck.com,
and www.infoseek.com, and espnet.sportszone.com .  If you know of some
service which requires cookie support to access it, let me know and
I'll try it out.

        Andrew Kuchling
        address@hidden
        http://www.magnet.com/~amk/