Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:39:20 -0800

> From address@hidden Thu Jan 16 05:59:04 1997
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 21:15:38 --800
>
> Dear Sir: I'd like to learn about how to use the bookmark in the lynx so that
> I won't have to memorize a lot of http address. Thanks!

Just hit "a" -- is the command to add EITHER
(1) the addr of the current PAGE to the bookmark file, OR
(2) the LINK which the CURSOR is CURRENTLY AT (or, if
   you have "link numbers" turned on (a good idea!)),
   the NUMBER that you type in (it will ASK for it).

You tell it which of (1) or (2) by answering the
a's prompt by one of two letters -- it's obvious, you'll
see.

Also: type H (for Help), and you can see how to get
some DOCUMENTATION that you can READ (but: do what
I say, not what I myself do -- is always hard to find
time and energy to read the doc, I know.  But lynx
is neat enough and has enough clever features to make
your life easier that it PAYS to learn all you can about it --
you'll earn back your time-investment PDQ (pretty darn quick).

Hope this helps.
;
;