LYNX-DEV Connecting DJGPP Lynx to the Net

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: LYNX-DEV Connecting DJGPP Lynx to the Net
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 97 14:08:03 EST

Hello, everyone.  I'm back on the list with new questions, after
feeling overloaded by the traffic 3 months ago.  I might have missed
the answers to my questions last week.

I read about D.J. Delorie's port of Lynx 2.6 to the DJGPP DOS extender
environment, and wanted to try it out, especially to see if it would
work for me, using a screen reading program.  I obtained the binary
from his page, and now also have the Lynx doc files from Subir's
pages.  I have succeeded in displaying a local file and a bookmark
file once or twice, but it appears that WATTCP can't find the Crynwr
packet driver/token-ring combination to go out and do a domain-name
lookup and an HTTP connection.  I had this combination working at one
time for DOS-Lynx, and still use that packet driver for NCSA Telnet
2.3.08, but am not sure what to try next.

I have not downloaded the source, nor the DJGPP compiler and tools,
(not sure I have enough time to learn that much), but I am comfortable
working with lynx.cfg and wattcp.cfg.  I think I have valid
information in wattcp.cfg.  This is running on a Pentium under DOS 6.2
with QEMM memory management, including Quarterdeck's DPMI with 2.5 meg
of DPMI swap space set aside.

Has anyone gotten this thing to work?  Is there a better mailing list
or newsgroup on which to discuss it?

Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
            address@hidden
;
;