Re: LYNX-DEV Connecting DJGPP Lynx to the Net

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Connecting DJGPP Lynx to the Net
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 97 11:05:57 EST

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997 09:35:38 -0500 (EST),
Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)  <address@hidden> wrote:

>> In Wattcp, should the domain-name server be different from the
>> gateway?  Can they be the same?
>
>At our site, the gateway address is the local segment router address
>(XXX.YYY.11.1), while the nameserver address is the address of the host
>that runs name services (XXX.YYY.11.94).  If my box that runs named was
>acting as the gateway, then yes they would be the same address.

Bingo!  I don't know my terminology very well.  Setting the "gateway"
entry to my router address did the trick.  Now I have a lot of other
issues to straighten out, such as setting up a logical directory
structure for the help files, bookmark file and other resources,
knowing when to call something "localhost" and when not to, etc.  This
screen implementation does not write through the BIOS, so I'll also
have to set up a "hyperactive" window in Vocal-Eyes, so that when a
selected portion of line 25 changes, line 25 is automatically sent
to the speech synthesizer.  Same for line 1, the "title".  It's
exciting, and with some more work, some blind people will be able to
use Lynx 2.6!

Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
            address@hidden
;
;