LYNX-DEV Strange Problem With Lynx 2.6

From: ronc
Subject: LYNX-DEV Strange Problem With Lynx 2.6
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 13:15:57 -0500

I use the non-graphical connection to two local internet service
providers, both of whom use Lynx.  They have both recently updated to Lynx
2.6.  In previous versions, the system cursor would appear at or near the
top of each page of text right next to the high lighted link.  In version
2.6, (as it is configured on the two systems I am using) the system cursor
is forced to the bottom right of the screen.  (except for form fields
which work normally) This new format is no problem to normal users who can
see the high lighted link.  I am totally blind and use a screen reader and
speech synthesizer.  This makes useage of Lynx somewhat more complex with
the new format.  The screen reading software tends to want to read the
text closest to the system cursor position.  This necessitates
reconfiguring the screen reading software in a manner that only partially
compensates for the new format.

Is there a way to reconfigure Lynx 2.6 so that the system cursor is not
forced to the bottom right of each screen?  Is this format change
reverseable in any manner?

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

;
;