Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2-6FM w. COOKIES

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2-6FM w. COOKIES
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 13:49:27 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden wrote:
>I just compiled the new lynxFM with COOKIES support and visited a few
>pages with cookies, here are some observations:
>
>1) it seems that cookies in the cookie jar generally are NOT returned to
>servers when the page is reloaded, for example at
>http://www.illuminatus.com/cookie.fcgi
>
>2) the cookies at http://clix.net tend to crash lynx with a message of
>"Illegal instruction"
>
>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

        I'm working on the cookie support now, and will be putting
out an updated zip tonight or tomorrow.  But it will still at best
be beta code, perhaps still alpha (whatever those mean 8-).

        I also fixed the news gateway glitch that Larry has been
writing about.  I can't reproduce the assert() forced exit he
described on that /survey page.  All the links and forms I tried
in it worked fine.

                                Fote