LYNX-DEV HTML Form Test

From: Wilson Cheung
Subject: LYNX-DEV HTML Form Test
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 20:13:54 -0800 (PST)

This was mentioned a while ago in one of the recent messages about Cookie
support and such but I wasn't sure if anyone had resolved to get things
"fixed" or to ignore it (I must have deleted one too many messages the
last time I was pruning my email).

There is a HTML Form Test page at:

http://www.research.digital.com/nsl/formtest/home.html

According to its list of stats, the current version of Lynx 2.6FM 01/18/96
still "fails" two tests:

NetscapeCookie       3  37%  Bad HTTP Cookie value: COOKIE=testvalue; $Path=/ns
l/formtest; $Domain=www.research.digital.com
                     4  50%  HTTP Cookie not supported
                     1  12%  Bad HTTP Cookie value: COOKIE=testvalue ; $Path=/n
sl/formtest/cgi-bin ; $Domain=www.research.digital.com

NewlineChar          7 100%  Browser uses LF in <TEXTAREA>

Their definition of a Cookie seems to be based on the old specifications
provided by Netscape Corp., though.  It might not be an accurate test for
the current implementation which is based on the recent RFC draft Fote listed.

(Good job on getting the current Cookie support done, Andrew and Fote!  Never
realized how many sites were always trying to send me cookies these days...)

I'm not sure if the "NewlineChar" test is of much concern to us, either.

Thoughts?

--
Wilson Cheung
address@hidden