Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 09:15:14 +0000 (GMT)

T.E.Dickey wrote:

> Someone asked me last week if 2.6 had been built with ncurses to support
> color.  I looked into it and saw only slang support, so I put together
> a patch that makes SVr4 curses do color.
>
> Just in case someone's already done this, I'm checking.

Yes, about 6 months ago...  ;-)  My ncurses colour isn't the same as the
slang colour though - it's a whole (imo better) different way of doing it
in that you assign colours to elements (like EM:red, STRONG:blue etc).

The slang colour is basically just replacing the normal Lynx highlighting
(bold for links,em,strong etc) with colours - there's no fine grained
control.  If you replace bold by blue, then all bold elements become blue
(so em,strong,b,i and links would all be blue).

I'm currently modifying my code to work with a parser-table and hash table
to provide "real" style sheet support (so that things like

        <ul>
        <li class=blue>This is blue
        <li class=red>This is red
        </ul>

work as expected (at the moment, it "knows" that <li class=blue> is different
from <li class=red>, but it doesn't act on it because the name of the
second <li> isn't ...ul;li.red, it's ...ul;li.blue;li.red because Lynx
doesn't know to close the first <li> when it encounters the second one -
that's what the parser-table is for.)
--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
;