Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 08:22:26 -0500 (EST)

> > Someone asked me last week if 2.6 had been built with ncurses to support
> > color.  I looked into it and saw only slang support, so I put together
> > a patch that makes SVr4 curses do color.
> >
> > Just in case someone's already done this, I'm checking.
>
> Yes, about 6 months ago...  ;-)  My ncurses colour isn't the same as the
> slang colour though - it's a whole (imo better) different way of doing it
> in that you assign colours to elements (like EM:red, STRONG:blue etc).
ok.  I implemented (except for duplicating an apparent bug in slang ;-)
slang's color scheme, ifdef'd for COLOR_CURSES.

> The slang colour is basically just replacing the normal Lynx highlighting
> (bold for links,em,strong etc) with colours - there's no fine grained
> control.  If you replace bold by blue, then all bold elements become blue
> (so em,strong,b,i and links would all be blue).
right (it's better than nothing, though).

Is your implementation stable enough that I can simply point people at it,
or should I maintain my patch for the interim?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden