Re: LYNX-DEV bookmark files

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bookmark files
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 19:46:05 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden wrote:
>I have read the information you have provided on how to create bookmark
>files.  At the moment I have ten pages of bookmarks.  If I create the bookmark
>folders by turning off the multi-bookmarks and switch to standard will I be
                    ???                                   ^^^^^^^^
                    ON                                    ADVANCED

>able to place my exiting bookmarks into  designated folders? or will I loose
>all of the bookmarks that I have already accumulated?  Your information does
>not tell me how to move exiting bookmarks into folders.  I am a novice so
>please speak to me in terms that I can understand if you have directions on
>how to accomplish my request

        Define the set of bookmark files via the 'o'ptions menu, with
mu(L)ti-bookmarks set to ADVANCED.  Select your default bookmark file
('A').  Successively position the cursor on each link you want to move,
press 'a'dd bookmark link, reply to the prompt with the letter of the
bookmark file to which you want to move the link, then press 'r'emove
bookmark link and confirm the removal from your default bookmark file.
You can thus quickly redistribute your ten pages of bookmarks links
into an organized set of up to 26 bookmark files (with tokens 'A' to
'Z').

                                Fote