Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ncurses+color?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 10:00:35 +0000 (GMT)

Audin Malmin wrote:

> Rob Partington writes:
> > T.E.Dickey wrote:
> > > Is your implementation stable enough that I can simply point people at it,
> >
> > The old implementation is, the new one isn't (but isn't up anywhere yet).
> > (At least, I've never had any trouble with it  ;-)
>
> I've been using it since Sept 21 with no problems...  (although the version I
> have isn't perfect...some colors don't correctly scroll when you PgDN to
> another screen...)  It's certainly FAR nicer than standard B&W Lynx, though.
> I don't ever wish to go back.  (Which is why I'm using a lynx that was
> compiled in september...  :)  )

I know the colours don't "scroll" - I didn't add any code for colours going
across page breaks.  If you use the "go down 2 lines" instead of paging,
the colours work better.  ;-)  A fix for the colours-across-page-breaks is
in hand though.

> > It might be an idea to maintain it anyway.  People may not want the hassle
> > of mine (you have to set styles for elements, and it can be fiddly).
>
> A nice big list of STYLE lines included in the lynx.cfg would be nice to have.

Well, since my patch isn't in the official code set, putting STYLE lines in
the lynx.cfg would confuse that code.  If people want, I'll take a lynx.cfg
from the current code set, add a bunch of STYLE lines to the bottom, and
stick it up for www access on lynx.browser.org.
--
Rob Partington / address@hidden / address@hidden
;