Re: LYNX-DEV v2.6FM update

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV v2.6FM update
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 08:29:40 -0800

On Jan 21, Thanh Ma wrote:
> gregory j. rosmaita writes:
> > aloha, fote!
> >
> > On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
> > > * Added ability to set SHOW_CURSOR in lynx.cfg, to override the
> > > compilation
> > >   setting in userdefs.h, and made the -show_cursor command line switch a
> > >   toggle for the compilation or configuration default. - FM
> >
> > thank you very, very much--this is a very important feature for blind
> > users...
>
> Forgive me for being ignorant but what you mean by 'blind user'. I keep
> hearing it and keep wondering. Do you mean 'color blind' ?

As in "can't see", or "has great trouble seeing".  Blind users use Lynx
with a text-to-speech program, or a braille interface (don't know the
right name for it).

> Thanh

Jason

--
 address@hidden                         |   PGP key available
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems         |   from MIT keyserver.

      Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Wrath, Envy, Netscapisms